EVERY JOURNEY NEEDS ITS NAVIGATION SYSTEM…. and the Learning Journey is no exception
- the ELLI profile provides the moment of truth, awakens the student learner and teacher to a reality beyond the academic and stimulates, in both, a propensity for change;
- ELLI’s ‘self-diagnosis’ prompts a desire in the student to develop as a learner, to become self-sufficient and to embrace mentoring and coaching conversations;
- finding learning to have just basic 7 dimensions enables teachers to give creative thought to their ways of working;
- a favourite among ELLI’s learning-centred teachers of all subjects is to revise their approach to enquiry, handing over investigation and subject research to their students;
ELLI gives every college or university the chance to be a ‘learning hub’, the centre that inspires the community to lifelong learning.
ELLI collects the evidence … it tracks progress
- How is the way that students think about themselves as learners changing? What will each ELLI ‘self-diagnosis’ reveal … from the success of developmental interventions to the transfer of learning ownership to the students?
- How do teachers know that their coaching and changed ways of working are developing their student learning habits and behaviours? Are learning strengths being used to improve weaknesses?
- The changing ELLI profiles speak to the students’ families and friends much more meaningfully than words. They reveal each student’s view of their own progress and demonstrate personal growth.
ELLI fuels the motivation for personal growth …
- It provides continuity and encourages student perception of their college or university experience as a journey rather than an obstacle race!
- It offers a framework within which teachers can both share their understanding of learning’s processes with their students and better consider the learning demands of their teaching practices and styles;
- It gives focus to the professional development of the teachers themselves;
- It bridges the perceptual gap between the academic and the vocational by encouraging students to an appropriate choice.