Employees as Learners
Staff who are confident of their own learning ability
- concentrate more, think harder, find learning enjoyable;
- are more confident and better team players;
- can grow their natural intelligence by exercising their learning muscles: their brains;
- can change their learning habits … important because intelligence is known to be, “the sum total of habits of mind”;
- have learnt that learning is a learnable craft; and
- are in command of their learning behaviors and thereby, are enthusiastic about learning and can cope with both its challenges and potential rewards.
GETTING LEARNING FIT … is no different from the physical and mental training of an athlete. Learners also need more than tools and techniques, they need stamina, strength, coordination, self-awareness and the ability to be strategic. They too must have a learning fitness that is ready for the engagements ahead.
LEARNING POWER … uses 30 years’ experience of working with adult learners globally to create, and share, a coherent picture of the mental agility and emotional stamina that are the hallmarks of a good and proficient learner… these are the principal contributors to productivity. So, WHAT IS LEARNING POWER?